Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

My girlfriend's ex husband in their divorce settlement was ordered to refinance their home to get her name off the mortgage. She found out years later, now, that he never did so with the limited power of attorney she gave him long ago. A bad mistake on her part, but now she needs to force him to take her name off of it because he refuses to answer calls. We live in Louisiana and the home, divorce, and ex husband are all in Ohio. We would like to know how to litigate this. I think we need a lawyer in Ohio who can practice law there to represent us but we can't afford to travel there and would love to be able to operate with a firm that operates in both states. I'm not sure what to do or how to start this and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Asked on 8/30/16, 3:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Yes you need an Ohio lawyer if the land is there. Chances are, he can be found in contempt and ordered to pay her attorney's fees and damages.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/16, 7:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana