Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

Sub took pics of my child at school for personal reasons. I filed a complaint with the school board. They told her last Thursday she was "blocked" from subbing and she came straight from the school board office to my job, showed them my complaint (which she should not have a copy of), some print outs of my old Facebook pages and tried to tell them I was doing this on company time and wanted them to term me. I got a restraining order but I want to file a civil suit too. What can I file for? Defamation? Harassment? Retention or Retaliation? Invasion of privacy for my child? I need to do something to get her to stop and know that I am not scared of her and I will not be rolled over because she did something wrong. The school board is investigating her coming to my job as well.

Asked on 11/15/12, 1:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

It sounds like for now you are taking the appropriate action. You could have a cause of action for defamation, harassments, invasion of privacy, and some other causes of action. Allowing the school board to take action first, while having a restrainign order in place sounds like a reasonable course of action for now. Continue to document everything and protect yourself and your child. You have a year to file suit, so allowing things to shake out at the school board would be reasobable for now.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/12, 2:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana