Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

What steps do I need to take to get my engagement ring back? She has stated she would return it several times but when I go to pick it up she either forgets it or doesn't show up. Please advise

Asked on 12/14/21, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

If you gave her the ring only in anticipation of marriage (e.g., not as a birthday present or on some other special occasion as well) and she broke it off, she must return it. You can file a lawsuit to compel her to return it if she does not. Note, though, that if you gave it to her even partially as a gift (birthday, Christmas, etc.), she can keep it.

Read more
Answered on 12/17/21, 10:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana