Legal Question in Personal Injury in Louisiana

personal injury

My case involving a needle injury

sustained at at a three star hotel was

dismissed by the federal judge with

prejudice on June 13, 2008. Is it

proper to write the judge a personal

letter and ask him to reconsider since

I have incurred medical expenses and

continues to test for infectious

diseases. The judge has dismissed my

life and apparently never allowed me

to present my story in my case.

are my options and timeframe to keep

the case current and is proper to write

a request to the judge and ask the

judge to reconsder.

Asked on 8/06/08, 1:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Re: personal injury

No it is not. The Judge cannot and will not read your ex parte letter. It is not allowable under the judicial cannons.

If you feel you have been aggrieved by the Judgment of the Court, you should file an appeal immiately.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/08, 1:19 pm

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: personal injury

Writing the Judge will do nothing. You should have either asked for a new trial if that was allowable, or appealed his Judgment if a final Judgment. I do not know at what stage of your suit it was dismissed, but since it was "with prejudice", any attempt to re-file the same suit will result in an exception of res judicata. So, you need to appeal, and your Lawyer should know how and the time period for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/08, 1:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Louisiana