Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

Me and my ex boyfriend have a trailor, land, and car that's in both of our names. We split up does he have to buy me out?

Asked on 6/24/13, 7:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Either of you can petition a court to divide the property. The court would order an appraisal and order that either one of you buy the other out or the property be sold. It won't be economically worth it to you, but that is your choice. Better for you two to simply work something out than go to court. The moral is, "Don't buy property with someone you aren't married to."

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana