Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

How can I get out of a purchase agreement?

Asked on 1/05/18, 9:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

You can always get out by forfeiting the earnest money. Aside from that, you can get out (and get your earnest money back) if any of the conditions of the contract were not met (e.g., couldn't get financing after good-faith attempts, house didn't pass inspection, present home didn't sell, act of sale not scheduled on time, etc.). You need to review the purchase agreement and see what stipulations you put in there. If any are not met, you can cancel without penalty.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/18, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana