Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Act of donation of immovable property

My husband died without a will and i was wondering if an 'act of immovable property' is the best way to have my kids give me their portion of my home? And can this be done at a notary or an attorney's office?

Asked on 9/17/07, 10:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

Re: Act of donation of immovable property

Probably the simplest way to handle this would be to open your husband's succession and have the kids renounce their interest in the home in your favor. You would then become the sole owner of the house.

This would have to be done through an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/07, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana