Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My ex husband was visiting in denver co / and passed away in our home. He's a louisiana resident, and was planning to move back here, closer to our adult children and grandchildren. My sons are on there way now to louisiana to gather his personal belongings. He owned no real estate as far as they know/ he rented from a friend. they need to know; do they all three need to be present to appoint one of them executor or benefactor? The only property that needs title transfer is a 1997 jeep and a motor cycle/ they also need to be given access to bank accounts. His address was in sulphur la 70663/ phonetically' calcachew' parish. This has been an emotionally and financially big endeavor for them/ how can they choose a lawyer who is fair/ honest and least expensive. Their dad was a vietnam veteran/ are there any va benefits toward probate settlement? Thank you

Asked on 9/27/13, 3:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

There is a way to settle small estates like your husband's without having to go through a court probate process.

If you would like, I can help you, and the fee would be modest.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana