Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My parents have been living separately for 26 years, divorce never finalized. I am their only child, 30 years of age. When my father passes away I am terrified my mother will try to sell the land. She has not lived on the property for said 26 years. What, if any, rights do I have to the property?

Asked on 4/16/17, 2:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

If your father dies without a will, you would inherit his one-half ownership interest in the house. With a will, he could leave it to anyone he wants to.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/17, 3:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana