Legal Question in Elder Law in Maine

My 89 year old mother took in a boarder and received 25.00 per week. The man lost his job at a local hospital and despite being a respiratory therapist he has stayed on at her home for the past 5 months. Due to her declining health she has asked him to help in her care for 100.00 per week. I have just found out the man has a criminal record for OUI and violent behavior and parole violations. Can I ask him to leave immediately. He has no contract or lease.

Asked on 8/21/09, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliott Teel Teel Law Office

You can try to ask him to leave, but if refuses to go you will need to have him evicted. There is a specific procedure you need to follow in order to do that. You should speak with an attorney about this in order to do it right because it is easy to make a mistake, and end up having it take much longer than need be. Feel free to contact my office about this.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/09, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Maine