Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maine

in good faith gave a friend a blank bank check to pick up a 2014 car for me ,without permission they registered it i their name and and intend to keep it a 35000 dollar 2014 Mustang Legal options?

Asked on 7/21/14, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Marchese Drummond & Drummond, LLP

Sorry that this "friend" betrayed you. You will need to sue them (or threaten suit) to regain the money or to get title to the car, assuming that the "friend" put the title in their own name. The title owner is very different from who registers the car in their name. Please let me know if I can assist you. I would start by meeting with you, getting the information we need to proceed, then discuss strategy. A likely first step after that is a letter to your "friend" telling them what we want, and giving them a clear idea of what will happen if they do not satisfy our demands. My toll-free number is 207-775-6042. Thank you for your inquiry.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/14, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maine