Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maine

What would happen to a person that avoids being served by a civil processor from the Sheriffs department and does not return the phone calls?

Asked on 8/21/10, 9:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jerome Gamache Ainsworth Thelin & Raftice, P.A.

Eventually the Plaintiff can seek a Court Order that Service can be made by the civil processor leaving a copy of the paperwork at the person's residence; or an Order authorizing notice of the proceeding to be published in the local newspaper to give that person avoiding service "notice"

Read more
Answered on 8/26/10, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maine