Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Maine

Water damage was done to my apartment from the apt above me. Repairs need to be done to my unit. the landlord wants to evict me so my apartment can be repaired. Never been late on my rent payment.

Asked on 10/06/18, 9:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliott Teel Teel Law Office

Depending on the extent of the damages, the landlord may or may not be able to terminate your lease. You should review your lease to see if this issue is addressed. If the repairs can be done in less than a month, then you should be able to return to the apartment if the lease is still in effect. You should discuss this with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/18, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Maine