Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Maine

I needed a motor put in my truck and a friend of mine reconmined someone he knew. I talked with the guy and he gave me a quote and said he'd need the money up front to purchase the motor. He told me I'd have my truck back within the week . Well it's been nearly 2 months since he's been paid and I still don't have it back. I call or go to his business and he always has some excuess. Is there anything I can do about this ??

Asked on 6/30/10, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Marchese Drummond & Drummond, LLP

You need to drop off a small claims complaint to the guy, tell him that you are filing it, and let him know you are serious. He's not taking you seriously. You can go online at the web site at the Judicial Branch link to download the forms and get information, or you can get a packet from your local Maine District Court. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/10, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Maine