Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maine

How would I go about adding an additional person to an existing tenant in common deed?

Asked on 3/11/13, 4:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jerome Gamache Ainsworth Thelin & Raftice, P.A.

You will need to have all people currently on the deed sign a new deed granting a tenant in common interest to the new person.Also, if there are any mortgages on the property, you need to be aware that such a conveyance is a technical default under the mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/13, 5:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maine