Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maine

I left a 15 year relationship in November 2013. We owned land and a house together, however he used my medical issues to put the house in his name only which I paid 18500.00 for. We also owned land together and he made me sign off on it when we were separated for 3 months. When I left he agreed to sign the land over to me but then refused. I have all of the paperwork for both transactions. Do I have any legal rights to get what I deserve. He says it is his because I left him.

Asked on 4/12/15, 9:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Hall Qua, Hall, Harvey & Walsh

Depending on a review of all the facts, you have a claim to the equity in the property due to your contributions. You should consult with an attorney quickly.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/15, 8:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maine