Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Maryland

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy petition in MD. I filed a bear bones petition. I had 14 days to file the remaining documents. I need more time to submit the remaining documents. What is the name of the form, to request and extension to submit the remaining documents. Is that form available on the website?

Asked on 3/31/18, 4:27 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

There is no form. What you need is a lawyer. You simply can't do a successful Chapter 13 case on your own.

You need to file a motion for extension of time. Your lawyer can prepare and file it for you.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/18, 5:21 am
Brett Weiss The Weiss Law Group

This is something your attorney should take care of for you. Your likelihood of successfully handling a Chapter 13 without an attorney is very small. I strongly recommend hiring an attorney to represent you.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/18, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Maryland