Legal Question in Business Law in Maryland

I was mislead in signing as a guarantee for my husbands commercial lease for his franchise which is under a single member LLC in the State of Maryland. I am not on the LLC nor am I part of this business. I live in New York State. He told me I had to sign as it is the law in Maryland. But he also told me the rental payments don't start for 6 months. However, I received a certified letter from the landlord for unpaid rent. What are my options to protect myself?

Asked on 12/22/14, 10:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Mulshine Rostam Law, LLC

You could look to invalidate the guarantee, and if you were sucessful in that effort it would eliminate your obligation. Alternatively if you have to pay the rent, you could then sue the LLC or your husband to recover the amounts you paid.

Read more
Answered on 12/23/14, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Maryland