Legal Question in Business Law in Maryland

I worked for an employer as a full time employee and then as a consultant. The company owes me back pay and consulting fees. The company owes me money for helping to find a buyer for the company. The company is being purchased as an "Asset Purchase" and the corporation will go out of business. Is there any way that I can get paid at the time of closing of the asset purchase? The owner of the business is not cooperating. I guess the true question is, "What can I do to make sure I get paid?"

Asked on 11/06/16, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ayodeji Badaki The Badaki Law Firm, LLC.

The purchaser may remain liable for certain liabilities even in an asset purchase. It would be good to begin your claim process as soon a possible so that the purchaser is put on notice. We can assist you with this. Call (240-329-4616) or email ([email protected]) me to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 11/23/16, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Maryland