Legal Question in Business Law in Maryland

The wssc ( a water company) came to my house and flooded it when they turned the water on. I didn't sign I release of liability form. All I was asking was to just get my money back. But now this getting out of hand they are making me do a refund that takes almost 3 months and I'm paying for hotels out my pocket and running out of money. Can I sue wssc for pain and suffering as well as negligence.

Asked on 5/15/15, 2:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

No. There is no cause of action for negligent infliction of emotional distress, and you haven't suffered physical injuries. Why not submit interim bills to wssc for your living expenses given the length of the displacement? There should be someone in their consumer affairs department that will lend a sympathetic ear.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/15, 6:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Maryland