Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Maryland

My wife got a notice in the mail that she is having her wages garnished and they also put a hold on our joint bank account. She was never served a summons. We went through this last year and they served her too late and we went to court only to find out they had served her too late and they needed to refile. This time a year later she gets the judgement info but was not served. What should she do?

Asked on 10/28/10, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean T. Morris Law Office of Sean T. Morris

If she was never served, she has grounds to file a motion to vacate the judgment. This may take some time, however, and in the meantime your accounts will be frozen. Hiring an attorney may assist in getting results quicker. Good luck.

For more information, please visit my blog:

***This answer does not constitute legal advice, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. Contact a lawyer for specific advice as to your situation.***

Read more
Answered on 11/02/10, 1:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Maryland