Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

Can you "appeal" a district court judge's decesion on a vop in the state of maryland especially if the "said" judge is the one who gave you the probabtion instead of the (two) years jail time which she did suspend?

Asked on 1/10/13, 7:24 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

With in 30 days of sentencing, you may appeal a District Court matter to Circuit Court.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/13, 7:58 am
Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

Yes, and the judge that violates you is always the judge that originally sentenced you, unless they're no longer a judge.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/13, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland