Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

I asked for a ride to the subway station since due to the fact my license was supended. Enroute to the subway station the driver was pulled over by an officer for a defective tail-light. The vehicle was searched and a small glass container with .02 ozs, having a street value of $20.oo in US Currency. Liquid PCP substance filled tested positive for Phencyclidine. This was found on the door handle of the passenger side of the door handle I was riding in said the Police officer.

On the 1st Court date, Public Defender made 3 objections because the officer was on an arresting case. Case was posponed and speedy trial was requested by PD. On 2nd court date (90 days later), case was transferred to another PD. A request to pass the case so I could re-obtain council. Two options were given...2 yrs supervised probation or trail before Jury requesting probation before judegment (PBJ), one night in Jail and 6 mos unsupervised probation with nothing on my record.

My question is, is this truthful to the 2nd option that was given by the Public Defender?

Asked on 2/14/13, 2:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

There is a judge in PG who does give deals like this, but you should contact me with more of your case details because maybe you could do better.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 4:09 am
William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland