Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

Civil Citation.

Was recently given a civil citation and charged with possession of open container while I was in a backseat of a moving car with an open beer in my hand. I have one other prior civil citation so I probably can't do community service again. I was told courts dont give PBJ for civil citations. So if I cant do service hours or get PBJ, am I stuck with guilty even if I get a lawyer?

Asked on 5/24/07, 11:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Laumann Law Office of Joseph Laumann, PA

Re: Civil Citation.

There is nothing says that you cannot be granted a PBJ for a civil citation, as a matter of fact, they are given to speeders all of the time.

I would have to look, but open containers in an auto is not just a fine only matter.

If you would like to discuss your matter further, please contact my office for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/07, 5:52 pm

Civil Citation.

A lawyer can work wonders. There are other alternatives to guilt or innocents, for example stet, which is when the state does not dismiss the charges, but decline to prosecute. For these, and other wonderful remedies, contact a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/07, 9:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland