Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

what if the officer that wrote my citation miss spelled my last name and miss spelled marijuana

Asked on 3/19/13, 1:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

Probably won't make a huge difference because those are scrivener's errors instead of substantive errors but you may have several other possible defenses, and should definitely contact a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/13, 1:38 pm

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

It's unlikely that these mistakes would result in dismissal of the charges, but you might have other defenses. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 5:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland