Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

Violation of Probation in having a hearing in two weeks for VOP for not paying restitution since I was released. My restitution amt.was 'Held in Abeyance' because it was disputed as to the total amt. My Probation officer never gave me a payment amt.or schedule. My sentence was 10yrs all but 6mos.suspended.which I served. Is my Prob.officer the one who sets up restitution amt, or who? Could I end up serving the remaining 9.5yrs?? This was my 1st offense

Asked on 4/12/11, 12:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

joseph owens OwensLaw

Yes, you can get all the remaining time for a violation of probation. Your best bet would be to obtain counsel quickly to work with the Probation Officer and assist you in court.

Joseph Owens

410 246 2152

Read more
Answered on 4/12/11, 1:00 pm
William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

The probation order controls. If you need a copy, go to the clerk's office in the courthouse where the judge sentenced you. Either it gives the agent authority or it does not. It would be a good idea to have counsel if a violation is filed.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/11, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland