Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

I need to know how to write a letter to a states attorney. I pressed charges against my fiancÚ for domestic violence/ 2nd degree assult. I wanted to drop the charges but they said I couldn't because the state picked it up. They told me that I could write a letter to the states attorney and it could help. All they said was to write why I want to drop them and what I want to see happen in court. I'm not sure what to write to best benefit the situation. Would it help to mention that I was pressured into pressing charges by a friend? I really want to have his time served be all the jail time he gets. Please help

Asked on 4/11/13, 2:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

I have resolved similar matters. A letter alone will not likely work and may cause the situation become even less predictable. Contact me for representation.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/13, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland