Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I am the custodial parent of my three children and I live in Maryland. My ex lives in NJ and recently was evicted from his rental property. We had previously arranged a summer visitation schedule before he was asked to move out. He is now living either with his paramour or brother. I do not feel comfortable sending my children if adequate sleeping arrangements cannot be provided. What can I do?

Asked on 5/28/16, 2:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

You will need to renegotiate a visitation schedule with your ex. Tell your ex that until he obtains a new residence with substantially the same sleeping accommodations as he had before eviction, you do not believe it is in the children's best interests to stay with him. Hopefully he will endeavor to obtain that rather than challenge you in court. If the summer schedule is per a court order, he may fight you by trying to have you held in contempt. If he does that, you should file a petition for modification of the court order to support your position.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/16, 10:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland