Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

When my daughter was born I have her my last name, not her biological father's. He also is not listed on the birth certificate. We never married.

I have since married and would like my daughter to have our current family last name.

Her step father is not adopting her. How can we legally change her last name.

We live in Maryland

Asked on 9/30/09, 3:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Denese Dominguez Law Office of Denese Dominguez, LLC

You don't mention if the biological father is involved with your daughter. There are questions which need to be answered, but this is a relatively simple process if the biological father does not object. Contact me to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/09, 3:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland