Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My exwife and I got a devorced in Maryland. The court ordered her to give me some items out of the houseon March 2011 but she refuse to give it to me. What do I do?

Asked on 2/27/12, 7:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Erin Michael McCormack McCormack Law Office

You'll have to file a petition for contempt against your ex-wife. If you are clearly entitled to a contempt finding courts often award attorneys fees against the contemptor. Depending on the property there may be other measures of damages that you could also request. Consult an attorney as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/12, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland