Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My fiance is divorced with two young children with his ex-wife (3 and 6 years old). They have split legal and physical custody. We have the boys Thursday 3 pm until Sunday noon, every week. He pays child support monthly and on time. We found out on Sunday that their mother and sons have moved into her mother and grandmother's two bedroom/one bathroom house and they may be sleeping on the floor (as told by the 3 year old. 6 year old says they were told not to tell us about where they are living). My fiance and I live in a 3 bed/1.5 bath condo. The kids have their own room and this is their home also. Should we petition for full physical custody? Please advise.

Asked on 4/19/13, 8:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

If the facts are accurate as you presented them, you should, because it would be in the best interests of the children. I suggest you consult with an experienced family attorney, where you can present a fuller fact pattern and the attorney can also review the court record to give you the best advice as to your chances of success, costs, etc.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/13, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland