Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I gave custody of my daughter to my ex wife 4 years ago to keep the kids together. Can I get her back?

Asked on 2/13/11, 12:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bill Wood Law Office of William C. Wood, LLC

That would depend on the circumstances. If there is an existing custody order, you would need to file a motion to modify custody. In order to prevail, you would first have to show that some material change in circumstance has occurred since the order was put in place. You would then have to show that changing custody would be in your daughter's best interest. I would recommend consulting with an experienced family law attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/11, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland