Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

What happens to my grand daughter who resides with her mother when i file charges for breaking in my house and selling my items at pawn shop to feed her drug habit. can my daughter give me custody of grand daughter. the father of grand daughter just got out of rehab and still has not cleaned up his act. the mother or father have not filled for full custody.

Asked on 7/10/13, 5:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Even if your daughter is willing to give up custody of her daughter to you, the father would have say in this. There is a presumption in favor of a parent over a grandparent. But in the final analysis if this were before a judge, the issue would be what is in the best interests of the child.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland