Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

If my husband has abandoned our marriage, left the home and is not providing support, can he legally enter the hose without my consent and remove property other than personal items ? I cannot afford a lawyer, but he has one. I do not know if a separation agreement has been submitted to court or if a divorce has been filed.

Asked on 2/14/15, 10:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You need to consult with a lawyer who can tell you your rights in your situation. Unless you signed a separation agreement, there is none. If divorced has been filed, you need to be served before anything can be done. You need to find someway to hire an attorney, otherwise you could lose more than the cost of an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/15, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland