Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

when my ex husband and i got divorced we had 2 cars and in the agreement i got the car and he got the truck however he took my car away from me do i need to lawyer to get it back or can i just take it from him like he did me

Asked on 7/09/13, 12:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

If your name is on the title you have just as much right to possession as your ex. However, if you are concerned about retaliation or physical obstruction, it would be best to take the "legal" route and file to enforce your agreement, assuming it's in writing.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 7:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland