Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I have sole custody of my child in Maryland. I am moving to another house in the state of Maryland, approximately 10 miles from the old address. Am I legally obligated to inform him that i am moving?

Asked on 6/25/13, 8:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

What does the child custody order state? Maryland statute permits the court to include a pre-move notification requirement regardless of whether the expected move is in the state or outside the state.

Also licensed in Maryland.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 4:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland