Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maryland

My daughter lives in Maryland for almost 2 years & has been married in Fl. almost 1 year ago.

She & her husband work at Red Lobster. Her husband was training for a manages position for Red Lobster. While at a training conference where Red Lobster flew them to Fl., they had a gay relationship (they say oral sex only). This other man is my daughters manager at Red Lobster.

Not only is it embarrassing, my daughter is forced to still live with her husband because of financial obligations & still has to work with her manager that had a relationship with her husband. Is there anything legally she can do to either parties, or Red Lobster.

She is going to start college up there & has family members that can open doors for her carer, but now she might just move back home . It's not right!!

Asked on 8/07/13, 9:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Your daughter could separate from her husband and after 1 year of continuous separation, she could get a divorce in MD. If she establishes residency elsewhere, she could file there after satisfying that state's residency requirements and the necessary grounds for divorce. If she chooses to continue to live with her husband, there isn't really anything else she could do legally. Red Lobster certainly isn't responsible for what happened.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/13, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maryland