Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maryland

So my ex fiancée filed a replevin against me for an amount of $800 that he gave me and an iPhone 7 Plus that he gave me as well. What would I do in this case? I have a contract that was signed and notarized stating that he would not take me to court over any of this.

Asked on 4/12/17, 10:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

You need to file the notice of intention to defend and show up in court with that document, and argue to the judge that it bars the claim. You may want to consult with a lawyer first, and maybe even have a lawyer represent you, although given the dollars involved, it may not be worth doing that.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/17, 4:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maryland