Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maryland

My roomate believes I owe her money which I do not. So she intercepted my paycheck at the mailbox and deposited in her account. What can I do?

Asked on 9/24/15, 12:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

She would have to have forged your name on the check, ostensibly endorsing it over to her in order to deposit it into her account, so she has committed a criminal offense. I suggest you contact the county police or the state's attorney's office in your county. You should also try to get a copy of the check and protest to her bank.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/15, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maryland