Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maryland

I unsuccessfully went pro se against the other party who had a lawyer. When I filed, I filed motions to waive the court costs. I am now required to pay these court costs and received a bill from the court and a letter that said, if I don't pay, the matter will be referred to an administrative judge. I am unemployed and can't pay the costs. What should I do?

Asked on 8/22/12, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

You might try writing a letter to the clerk explaining your situation and requesting a continued waiver of the court costs. If that is rejected, and you expect to be re-employed, perhaps they would defer collection until then. If you are ordered to appear before a judge, you could use that opportunity to explain your situation and work out a solution.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/12, 10:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maryland