Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

Im filing an I130. Form for a petition for Alien relative. Do I need to disclose about previous marriage?

Asked on 5/22/13, 2:27 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law


Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 2:38 pm

Thomas Brown Law Office of Thomas K. Brown, LLC

Yes. The form requires this information. See items 11 and 12 on page 1. Further, if you're petitioning for your current spouse, you'll need to prove that all prior marriages were terminated lawfully (i.e., prove that you're not married to two different people at the same time). You do this with copies of divorce decrees or other court judgments that grant a divorce. You also very likely have to file form G-325A -- the biographic information form. It asks similar questions about form spouses. Good luck with it.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 3:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland