Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

i am going to my interview for my us citzenship i am marry i want to give my husband his paper in order to do that do we have to live together"

Asked on 7/30/13, 11:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Once you become a U.S. citizen, you can petition your husband for U.S. Legal Permanent Residency. Although there are circumstances where a couple with a valid marriage lives apart (military duty, government contract, temporary work assignment), usually USCIS suspects fraud when the couple does not reside together. It just depends on why you don't live together. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney once you are naturalized.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland