Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

My life is a mess! What can I do to resolve this marriage and give my 88 & 91 year old parents freedom to their house again? My wife is from South America, we were married 8 month ago. I paid a lot of money to get her in the U.S. She wants out of the marriage after a week. Constant fights and accusing me of cheating. Last she had me arrested, I might loose my job because of her. We are currently living with my parents. They have asked us to leave, but she refuses too. My wife had the police come to my parent's house to tell them they could not put her out without a 30 day notice in Maryland. What can immigration do immediately to help my parent's and me?

Asked on 6/18/13, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Unfortunately, USCIS cannot assist you with your problem. However, I recommend that you find an experienced Family law Attorney, licensed to practice law in the State you live in, and seek counsel regarding a restraining order, legal separation & divorce (dissolution).

If your wife has not yet obtained her "greencard", you can withdraw the I-130 petition. If she already has her greencard, then you can't do anything except seek dissolution of your marriage.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 4:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland