Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

I am U S Citizen and student of medicine, have no income

I need to file form I-864 for my wife she is in different country,

My family back home is sending $24000 per year for my education

can she join me?

Asked on 7/19/12, 7:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

You will need a co-sponsor for the I-864 if you do not earn any income. The co-sponsor must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and meet the Poverty Guidelines given by USCIS. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this matter further.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 7/20/12, 1:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland