Legal Question in Employment Law in Maryland

What should I do when a former employer is threatening to file a police report for violating a non-disclosure agreement. I forwarded emails from my company account to my personal account to use as proof to send the IRS along with my completed SS-8 form. I have yet to even open the emails I sent (because again, they were strictly to be used as proof in my misclassification petition). I have not sent/shared any of this data with anyone. So I am wondering if I need to get a lawyer or be concerned about my employer's threat to file a police report?

Asked on 1/02/14, 3:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet

Police involvement is highly unlikely. But a civil lawsuit alleging breach of your agreement is very possible. You should gather your documents and get to a lawyer's office for a consultation! Where ever you are in Maryland, there are many lawyers who will meet with you and walk you through this problem.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/14, 7:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Maryland