Legal Question in Employment Law in Maryland

Well where to start.. My girlfriend and I both work as bartenders at a local franchise sports bar in hagerstown md. About 6 months ago we had a beautiful baby girl. We decided that she would breast feed our baby until she returned to work where she would pump. Now heres where the drama starts, About 9 months ago while working she was pulled into the office and told by the bar manager that has now taken the job as general manager of the restaurant, he told her that he was taking her from her bar shifts due to her being pregnant and having to urinate often. Which was witnessed by the general manager at the time who was later wrongfully terminated because of her sex. Ok now lets skip 5 months. Another good employee was wrongfully terminated after refusing to go out with the bar manager for drink on several different occasions. Since the girls termination my girlfriend was subpoenad to an unemployment hearing for the employee. At the hearing my girlfriend woulnt lie for managment about the employee. When returning to work that same evening she was instructed that she could no longer express milk in the managers office and was to do it in the restroom because of her alleged alligations earlier that day. The following week we went to the local EEOC office and filed sexual discrimination charges against the restaurant. After the charges were filed we were suspended a week for making a hostile work environment. In which we were never wtitten up for. We have both been at this establishment since its grand opening 3 years ago. We have been the best bartenders the company could ask for even being told that we were the head bartenders. Since the eeoc charges I myself have been wrongfully terminated for a theft that never occured. We are looking for a lawyer who works on a contingincy basis in the hagerstown area that would like to talk to us and get the complete story and look over all of our evidence

Asked on 8/22/12, 8:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Holzman Holzman Law Firm, LLC

soundds like you need to make sure that you amend your EEOC complaints (for both of you) and make sure to add retaliation to the charges. If you can prove the facts stated above this is a case. You probably do want to consult with an employment attorney to make sure that you do things correctly and maximize your options.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/12, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Maryland