Legal Question in Employment Law in Maryland

If my work site is in Maryland, the parent company is in Florida and I live in Virginia,

where shoud I file a State Claim?

There is only one HR person and she is at the parent company in Florida.

If it is Florida, do I physically have to go there.

Asked on 8/14/12, 2:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Holzman Holzman Law Firm, LLC

If you are asking where you should file a formal claim under local and/or federal employment law statutes, you file in the locale where you work. So, if you actually physically work in Maryland, you should file in Maryland.

Note -- there are LOTS of questions and you should consult with an attorney before you file anything.

Larry Holzman

The Holzman Law Firm, LLC


Read more
Answered on 8/20/12, 9:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Maryland