Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Maryland

My daughter just lost custody of her child. We hired a top attorney in her area and it was a 1 1/2 year battle. When the trial was over, the judge told each attorney to write up their fact and findings along with what his order should be as if he wrote it. The husband is and has been extremely unreasonable and his order was just as unreasonable. The judge picked what the husband wrote and didn't change any of the conditions. My daughter was accused of doing the very things the husband did. And said that my daughter was the difficult one and withheld the child repeatedly. My daughter had mounds of documentation that showed he was the one that was difficult, unreasonable, controling, horribly abusive etc. The judge obviously did not review what my daughters attorney brought in for evidence. Her attorney did not follow through with all the witnesses she had and when I was on the stand I was asked nothing about what I was witness to. Her attorney also allowed all her husbands witnesses in even though he only submitted his witness list the day prior to trial. We even have an email from husbands attorney stating that my daughters attorney broke confidenciality. Mu daughter did everything the attorneys told her to do and in the end it only hurt her. 50 thousand dollars later, when the order came in, they sent it to my daughter with a note "should you have any questions" her attorney received it from husbands attorney. There is so much more to this but this is a very short version. I am contemplating filing something against this attorney, but do not know where to begin.

My daughters now ex husband is an attorney who is not able to keep a job, has serious anger issues, diagnosed with major depressive disorder, admitted to smoking pot, alcoholic who quite drinking 3 years ago, and as emails show, is horribly abusive, manipulating, threatening, and decitful.

Thank you for any advise in this matter.

Asked on 2/28/13, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

I suggest your daughter file a grievance with the Attorney Grievance Commission for the MD state bar. They will seek a reply from the attorney and then evaluate the complaint. You can get details on how to do this by googling the AGC.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/13, 8:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Maryland