Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Maryland

I plan to bring a lawsuit against my surgeon. I had my surgery in Maryland and then moved to San Diego 5 months later. I know the lawsuit has to be filed in Maryland. My question is: do I have to find an attorney in Maryland or can I see an attorney here in San Diego and have them file in Maryland?

Asked on 7/16/14, 9:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Horwitz Ingerman & Horwitz, LLP

Hello and thank you for your reaching out to us. In order to have an attorney represent you in this matter, the attorney must be licensed in the State of Maryland. If you have any further questions or would like me to help you with this matter, please feel free to give me a call at (410) 960-8656. Our advice is always free, with no strings attached.

Just a little bit about us.. We are proud to be rated by the Better Business Bureau (A+ rating!) as one of Maryland's leading personal injury lawyers. As a metropolitan-based law firm, Ingerman & Horwitz, LLP is able to offer our clients the following advantages:

- Direct referrals to medical specialists

- The financial strength to invest in your case

- State-of-the-art computer technology

- A knowledgeable and talented team of experts

To find out more, please visit our website at

Thank you again for your inquiry. I look forward to speaking with you soon!


Alan Horwitz

Read more
Answered on 7/17/14, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Maryland