Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Maryland

I had a procedure called the "ryan procedure", where they tighten up the pocket under the breast. While doing this procedure, I was told that my impant was "ruptured". They sent the implant to the warranty company so they could be reimbured for the implant and dr surgerical fees. The warranty company put the implant through several examinations and tests at their facility. And the lab came back with the finding that it was actually a "surgical slice" caused by the doctor. So they denied the claim....Now the doctor is charging me $7000.00. Can they do that and what options do I have?? I live in Maryland and the doctor practices in Pennsylvania.

Asked on 7/23/13, 4:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter E. Laake, Jr. Joseph Greenwald & Laake Pa

You will need a Pennsylvania lawyer to adjudicate the doctor's liability for the $7000 slice of your breast implant. If he "does business" in Maryland he could be sued here. A lot of advertsing in Maryland could be sufficient to constitute "doing business"..

Good luck...

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Maryland